- The capstan type is unique.
- You're not limited to the length of cable that a drum will hold.
- Pulling power does not decrease as the drum fills as is the case with drum
- You can take up slack in the winch line or play out line, by hand, without
running the winch.
- Gas powered winches excel for long, remote pulls.
- With gas powered winches, you're not tied to a vehicle battery.
- Carry in your hand, back pack, vehicle or boat. Lock and store when not in use
- You can pull loads long distances or continuously without overheating the
motor or loss of pulling power.
- Simpson capstans pull with rope, not wire cable.
- Strong, flexible, lightweight rope is readily available.
- Rope can be knotted and tied.
- Rope is safer if it breaks and snaps back.